Beginner's Guide to Music Composition for Film, TV, & Video Games
Learn the Basics of how to Compose, Produce, Mix, & Master Pro-Level Music for Film, TV, & Video Games
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN
- Compose & Produce unique, memorable, and effective music for Film, TV, and Video Games
- Mix & Master high-quality professional-standard music for Film, TV, and Video Games
- Write in multiple styles and genres
- Record with live instruments
- Notate sheet music and chord charts
- Synthesize and Sample Electronic Music
- Orchestrate from Piano to Large Ensemble
- Build a successful Portfolio and Demo Reel
Before starting this course, I recommend you first acquire the following tools for the best experience possible:
- Notation Software (Sibelius, Finale, MuseScore, etc.) – click here for recommendations
- Access to a Digital Audio Workstation (Logic Pro, Pro Tools, Ableton Live, Cubase, Digital Performer, etc.) – click here for recommendations
- Basic Music Theory knowledge – click here for a 10-Question Pre-Test & resources
When I first enrolled in this course, I honestly thought I was going to get a lot of the same things I knew about composition work...What Steven did here blows my expectations out of the water. He gives a lot of advanced music theory techniques, as well as detailed help on how to use your DAW, and he keeps you on your toes with some of these exercises, especially after you get half-way through the course. I'm glad that I have this course to reference when I'm in a bit of a pickle with my own goals. –Monish C.
Absolutely phenomenal course! All the lectures go into great depth on the lesson topic and explain it clearly. Thanks for the awesome course Steven! –Kenan B.
This is a nice introduction to some of the many facets of writing music for TV, games, and film. While you can't expect a course of this scale to go too in-depth into any one aspect, it does provide several tips and tricks that an aspiring composer can incorporate rather quickly into their writing. Overall, it was an enjoyable course and it is always nice to get an inside peek behind the scenes of someone working in the industry. –Hank S.
Great course! Steven is more than qualified to teach this course and his insight on the nature of composing for video games is well worth your time. –Mark B.
BEGINNER'S GUIDE TO MUSIC COMPOSITION FOR FILM, TV, & VIDEO GAMES
Are you a composer, student, or musician desiring to create and produce high-quality professional music for Film, TV, & Video Games? Since 2016, this Best-Selling & Top-Rated Course in Music Composition & Game Music Categories on Udemy has helped over 3,400 students around the world make this dream a reality.
By the end of this course, you will have the skills, knowledge, and confidence to build a successful music portfolio & demo reel and sell your work as a composer for Film, TV, & Video Games. With a deeper understanding of the composition and production processes, you will be equipped to easily write, mix, master, and produce effective music that sounds professional, polished, and impressive.
This course contains 14 years of hard-won industry experience and knowledge condensed into one polished course. Every course topic has been carefully pruned to reduce your time investment and maximize results. This course is organized into 10 steps, each concluding with a practical exercise to test your skills along the way.
WHY TAKE THIS COURSE?
- Over 3,400 students have enrolled in this course and made their dream a reality.
- This is the ONLY online course (seriously, look it up!) that teaches both composition AND production techniques for Film, TV, & Video Games without having to enroll in an expensive college or university program.
- Includes everything you need to know to launch your career as a Screen Music Composer
- Each of the 10 core course Sections includes a benchmark Exercise To test your knowledge along the way.
- The entire course is taught by a single experienced teacher. No confusing teacher changes halfway through!
- Downloadable resources include useful diagrams, charts, and checklists
- Personal support and access to the instructor.
- Small one-time upfront payment, no subscription.
- High-quality, curated information from 10 years of hard-won industry experience and knowledge. Every course topic has been carefully pruned to reduce your time investment and maximize results.
- Unlimited Access FOREVER anywhere, 24/7 on all devices.
- Delivered in an entertaining and enjoyable way!
I can lead you where I’ve been and help you avoid all the pitfalls. I’m a full-time music composer who writes for Film, TV, Video Games, & Podcasts. I have a steady stream of work, have worked on over 600+ projects, and enjoy a profitable music business that frees me up to spend time with my family.
I’m the founder of Screen Music Academy, a #1 Amazon Best-Selling Author, and a Best-Selling Course Instructor. My YouTube videos have been viewed over 1,000,000 times, Spotify tracks over 1,000,000 streams, and my podcast The Steven Melin Audio Experience reaches thousands of composers.
MORE IMPORTANTLY THAN ALL THAT…I genuinely want to help you succeed in your career. I enjoy teaching and am passionate about composers turning their hobby into a sustainable business.